The following is an extract of the Church Council Meeting Minutes held on Thursday 14th July 2016.
Finance report was presented with the following key points, being:
- Current income below budget by $11,000, as offerings have declined
- Attendance numbers are marginally down.
- Venue hire is behind $5000 as compared to budget.
Volunteering/ Synod: 9 people assisted with pack up at Synod, 7 of the 9 had been there all day. Rod has requested that there are more helpers in the future.
Internal applications for Y & YA position are currently being reviewed, with a plan for interviews at next Council meeting.
‘Doing Life Together’ Care session went well and was positively received.
Strategic Plan team concept was discussed again with reports/feedback received from the teams below:
1. CARE: Ali, Esmond, Dorothy, Ruth, Rod
2. STEWARDSHIP: Ruth, Matt
3. MISSION: Ruth, Esmond
4. EVANGELISM: Trevor, Ali
5. DISCIPLESHIP: Al, Trevor, Jack, Rod
6. STAFF & VOLUNTEERS: Matt, Dorothy
7. WORSHIP: Al, Rod
New reporting process working well with this team concept above thus far.